Wednesday, April 7, 2010

as a service/tribute to eduardo c. corral, michael musto, and awp....

i will be blogging at awp.
*
i hope they have wireless access at the bookfair. i'd rather keep my eyes on the computer screen than have to awkwardly smile at somebody who is trying to ignore me the second time they pass by my table. once is always enough.
*
i'm going to have a series of blind items michael musto-style throughout the few days im there.
*
i wonder how many gay men will be cuter than me and how many ill be cuter than. im going to secretly take a photo of each one i encounter and send them to my partner. he says it'll probably be fifty-fifty.
*
i have no lunch/dinner plans with anyone. except the amazing s.l. wisenberg who wrote a book i taught called "cancerbitch." it's a non-fiction book entirely composed of blog posts. it's great. she also published my first prose piece ever. it was about thom gunn and was over ten pages long. no anthologist asked me to republish it.
*
it seems that so many people have scheduled dinner plans months in advance for awp. it reminds me of what my mother once said about the bozo show. you had to wait sometimes a year to get your kids on it.
*
i was supposed to be on a panel but someone kicked me off it before they submitted the proposal. they said the other panelists thought i was a trouble maker.
*
its fun getting ready for awp. i love putting all my meds in my plastic blue container. it makes me feel like im a complicated person.
*
whenever i received a facebook invitation to attend a reading/event on facebook i thought i was being singled out. i didn't find out this isn't the case until twenty minutes ago. you can send group invitations. i thought for awhile there i was the most popular writer in the nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment